Recent Casting Results

Here’s a little update on my recent castings for you! My last pour was for the pieces I made as models (seen below), which I did a direct cast from.

I experimented a little bit with textures for these pieces, using wax to build up layers, in an attempt to make the bark look as if it was merging into the rest of the piece.

So here are the results!

DSC_1950

I am extremely happy with the results of this casting and they look very impressive next to the 3rd piece I made, which was assembled of individual pieces of bronze bark.

I will now be exhibiting this miniature collection of work alongside my tryptic of steel vessels at the Craft Study Centre, for our end of year showcase; running from the 6th – 13th May.

13138936_10201772808878620_4598244090592218538_n.jpg

~

Feel free to go and have a look at them for yourself!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: